Altia, an international leader in GUI design and development tools, today announced the release of Altia Design 13.2, the company’s flagship editing suite for the creation of embedded graphical user interfaces (GUIs). In addition to the Dynamic List Object, which gives designers the ability to add a customizable list feature into their displays, Altia Design 13.2 includes a new blending mode, 9-slice image scaling, drag-and-drop capabilities and other upgrades to improve usability for Altia software users.
Altia Design allows GUI designers to turn static digital graphics into fully functional GUI prototypes. The platform is used by professionals around the world in automotive, medical, industrial and consumer goods applications. Version 13.2 takes the power of Altia Design to a new level via new features that include:
- Dynamic List Object: Gives designers the ability to embed list import capability into user displays. End users can quickly create contact lists, music lists and more, with fully customizable behaviors, layout options, arrays and grids.
- Color Emojis: Allows end-users to add vivid emojis into their GUIs.
- Drag and Drop: Powerful options for designers to automatically create image objects and decks by simply dragging files onto a project canvas.
- 3D Blending Modes: Ability to overlay and blend multiple graphic layers into a single object for exciting dimensional effects.
- Dark Mode: New setting which converts the Altia Design interface to a dark background display environment. Reduces eye strain for designers, especially those working in rooms with low ambient light.
- 9-Slice Image Scaling: Popular with designers, this capability demarcates the object screen into nine subsections using two horizontal and two vertical dividers. Nine-slice image scaling enables designers to scale different sections of the screen image without distorting the other sections. The capability makes it much easier to add anything from buttons and sliders to input boxes, progress bars, scrollbars and other widget controls.
“In everything from automobiles to smart home devices and medical equipment, the demand for fast, intuitive and beautiful GUI controls is increasing,” noted Jeff Urkevich, Director of Product Marketing for Altia. “At the same time, GUI designers are looking for new ways to speed their daily work while supporting the innovations that end-users are looking for. We believe Altia Design 13.2 will be a welcome step in meeting all these important requirements.”
“Everything we do at Altia is informed by the needs of our users and their customers,” added Tim Day, Altia Product Manager. “The improvements in Altia Design 13.2 come directly from interactions with our users. Together they make it significantly easier for these professionals to create amazingly cool graphical experiences.”
Altia Design 13.2 is immediately available; Altia customers interested in upgrading to Version 13.2 should email their local FAE team or contact [email protected].
Altia is a software company that provides graphical user interface design and development tools that can be used from concept to final product code. Our GUI editor, Altia Design, offers development teams the capability to implement a model-based development process for clear communication and accelerated user interface development. Our code generator, Altia DeepScreen, supports a vast range of low- to high-powered processors from a variety of industry-leading silicon providers. Altia generates pure C source code that is optimized to take full advantage of hardware resources. Graphics code generated by Altia is driving millions of displays worldwide – from automotive instrument clusters, HUDs and radios to thermostats, washing machines and healthcare monitors. Our mission is to get the
best automotive, medical and consumer interfaces into production in the shortest time on the lowest- cost hardware.
Altia was founded in 1991. Its customers include automotive OEMs and Tier 1s like Continental Automotive, Denso, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Honda, Renault, Magneti Marelli, Nippon Seiki, Valeo, Visteon and more – plus leading consumer device manufacturers like Electrolux, Whirlpool, NordicTrack and many others.
For more information about Altia, visit www.altia.com or email [email protected]. Follow Altia on LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
# # # #