Who we are: Altia delivers software and engineering services that enable companies in automotive, medical, consumer and IoT to get gorgeous, intuitive and brand-defining graphical user interfaces (GUIs) into production on any embedded hardware. Our mission is to ensure that everyone on earth interacts with an Altia GUI every day!
At Altia, our employees can count on working in a friendly environment of mutual respect that is free of discrimination. Diversity and inclusion are critical to our success. We seek to recruit, develop and retain smart, talented individuals with passion and integrity to ensure we reach our mission. Check us out at www.Altia.com.
Who we want: We are seeking a dynamic Software Engineer who is self-motivated and will share our passion for enabling clients to deliver a high-performance user experience on any embedded platform. The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer who enjoys implementing complex, robust solutions across the embedded OS, Linux, and Windows environments where every week presents a new challenge. The candidate will collaborate closely with team members to integrate these solutions onto embedded platforms and ensure they are fully tested.
- Implement software solutions in a well-defined manner and follow good coding practices
- Understand the software architecture to support resolution of defects
- Work with subject matter experts including UX/UI Designers, Software Engineers and Test Engineers to maintain high-quality software standards
- Provide insight into projects by giving solution feedback and suggesting alternative methodologies
- Support mission and quality initiatives by delivering solutions on time
- Work directly with our customers throughout the project supporting them as a technical liaison to senior members of Altia’s Engineering Services and Product Engineering teams
- Work with customers and internal Altia development teams to assist in capturing, defining, and documenting emergent requirements and proposals
Required Education, Experience & Competencies:
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical discipline. MS preferred.
- 6+ years of experience in software delivery using C and C++, preferably on embedded systems
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent working knowledge of C++ and C
- Experience with Python or another scripting utility
- Familiarity with real-time operating systems and their practical constructs. Altia engages with a variety of RTOS platforms including GHS, QNX, ThreadX, FreeRTOS, Linux, and Android
- Working knowledge of tools used in the Software Development Lifecycle (e.g., JIRA, GitHub)
- Ability to analyze, understand, and decompose requirements into feature test specifications and test steps to ensure component test coverage
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment (teams are often distributed)
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with MATLAB Stateflow/Simulink
- Experience programming and debugging embedded systems and understanding their limitations
- Experience estimating software tasks and quoting projects
At Altia we believe in every member of our team, so we have created a flexible working environment that supports the differing needs of our many talented and unique employees all over the world. We want to ensure that all are healthy, refreshed and able to bring their best selves to work, so we provide excellent employer-paid benefits including health, vision, dental, life, 401(k) and more, in applicable locations. We also have flexible paid time off and extended leave programs.
With fewer than 100 employees, Altia is an environment where questions, ideas and creativity are encouraged, and innovation is celebrated. Everyone is seen and recognized for what they can bring to the table—and we look forward to discovering how you can pull up your chair and join us! Please apply today!
Company Global Headquarters: Colorado Springs, CO
Position Location: HQ or remote from US-based home office
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Engineering Services Manager
Budgeted Base Salary Range: $115,000 – $145,00
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.